On-board Producer API in PostNord API Gateway
This guide contains the procedure and instructions to Onboard a Producer API for a project or developer into the PostNord API Gateway.
This section explains the what all needs to initiate Producer Api onboarding.
- The API must have swagger created
- Decide the access role/visiblity for API into Developer Portal:
- public | private | internal
- Register yourself into PostNord Developer Portal by following below steps as one time activity
- Go to PostNord AT Developer Portal and click Create Account
- Fill-up the details with active email address, click Register and you will receive an email from PosNord to activate the account.
- Check your given email box and activate the account with given link
- Initially you will be registered with Free Plan, now to upgrade it to Internal Plan slack your email address to our @api-gov group.
- Initially you will be registered with Free Plan and public role, now switch to Producer role follow below steps as one time activity
Swagger Quality Assurance
Follow PostNord API guidelines to create swagger
Review the swagger against the PostNord Swagger template
- An IAM secured API; must have a securityDefinitions defining the required scopes
- Write good Descriptions associated with the endpoints
- Used the defined HTTP status texts
- Used the defined common PostNord fault object
- Used predefined Information Objects
- Verify the naming convention of objects/attributes
- Verify Health check
- QA meeting with the Team and present findings
- Login to PostNord AT Developer Portal
- Click on Publish New API button
- Fill up the Producer Onboarding form as per the instructions mentioned on page
- Click save button
- In case of any issues, please raise support ticket under Jira Project API Management with all onboarding producer details
- If all went well then a notification will be sent on api-gov slack channel with the ticket and you will get below pop-up window with a ticket and below message
- click ok and you can see your new application has been added into your application list
- Once you get response back from API Governance team, then you can test your API in portal.
- Verify everything in the developer portal
- Make a successful request!